Tuesday 27 October 2009

England, last part

Thursday, 22 October 2009

Another day where we can shop till we drop! I love it. Today we're going to buy presents for my sis and her family because they are taking care of Jippie for us. The kids don't have to think too hard, they want to buy all the presents at the Disney store! So that's were we go, and to some other stores of course.... The rest of the day is about the same as the others; not much to tell there (swimming pool, MacDonalds, Borders, Starbucks, eating in this time).

I already showed you the Xmas decorations, but have you ever seen owls used as Christmas decoration? I hadn't!
Don't you just love English pubs? I do!!

Friday, 23 October 2009

Today is the last day of our vacation, tonight we will be on the ferry home again...

Patrick has the day off and after our breakfast we check out and leave for a drive through the country. This is the country where the Brönte sisters wrote Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights... did you enjoy those books as much as I did?? When you're here you can almost see Heathcliff wandering over the moors.... Of course I want to visit Haworth where you can find their little house, but sadly there isn't enough time. Instead we visit Otley and that's very quaint and English too. See for yourself:

Around 2 p.m. we head for Hull where we arrive right on time. We even have a little time to spare and visit the town centre (not very long though). But then..... then came the check-in, that's what!! Patrick checked-in separately (for work related reasons) after dropping us (kids and me) off at the foot passenger check-in. Unfortunately it appears to be the check-in for the ferry to Rotterdam and we have to be on the ferry to Zeebrugge! And Patrick's gone and can't come back to bring us to the right place. So what do we do now?? It's too far to walk and there are no taxi's or anything. The lady at the check-in tells us she'll find someone to bring us to the other ferry and that we'll have to wait 5 minutes....after half an hour we're still waiting... this is not going to work! Then, bless me, a taxi arrives to unload passengers for this ferry and the driver is willing to take us to the right place for only 3 pounds! (I didn't have much more on me because I spent it all...couldn't use it here anyway). With only a few minutes to spare we arrive on time for our ferry.

The only excuse for this stupidity is that we haven't seen ONE sign telling us the destination of the ferries. And we weren't the only ones who were at the wrong place (at the right time), because after arriving at the right place lots of others did too.....

And that's that, the end of a wonderful week in the UK.....
The next post will be about scrapbooking again, because that's what this blog was supposed to be about...

Good night and talk soon! Monique xx

5 comments:

  1. Och, wat een spannend avontuur. Je foto's zijn geweldig. Nu aan de scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nou, ik vind 't wel leuk om jullie belevenissen te volgen hoor... wat een gedoe bij die ferry. Gelukkig allemaal 'safe & sound' weer thuisgekomen.
    Groetjes, Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dat ziet er weer heel leuk uit! Wat een avontuur. En zo te lezen heb je weer flink wat scrapbare foto's:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeek, ja, daar sta je dan! Ik voelde het gewoon even in mijn buik... blij dat je het allemaal nog gered hebt en op de juiste boot uitkwam! Ben benieuwd wat je met de "X-mas owls" gaat doen trouwens...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL MOnique! I loved that post...what a story!!! This blog is also about your life & not ONLY scrapbooking, that is what makes it so interesting! And I also love rural England, the little villages & pubs, the countryside, the food, it's all lovely to me but my husband just loves Africa so I am stuck here & I don't like it as much LOL!! Now I wanted to ask you about my LSOS prize...did you get the e mail I sent you with my postal address? I hope so 'cos now I am getting excited thinking it should be here any minute :-D Please let me know when you sent it so that I can look out for it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete