Thursday 25 February 2010

En Garde!

Look what arrived yesterday! My Nikki rak from Julie Tucker!! Look at those Burlap buttons and those Warm Cord Brads!!! Wohoo, love them!!

Thanks Nikki and Julie!! (and Mieke for directing me to their blogs!).

On my favorite scrapbooksite "My Scrapbook Nook" Scoobie(=Hilde) challenged me (and I her) to create a 12x12 layout using embossing on it. The reason being that I'm in doubt whether or not I should buy some embossing folders for my Revolution... will I ever use them, or will they end up in my drawer without ever seeing the light of day? (like my Fiskars Shape Boss???)

Here is the layout I made. As I had lots of BG Origins left of my Nook kit I used that again, hope you're not tired of it, LOL! I embossed the yellow pp behind the photo and then inked it so it stands out a bit. I used the Fiskars Shape Boss for the very first time and thanks to Hilde I now know for a fact that I won't be using it ever again! Although I do like the result, I didn't like the tool at all!!
And here are two photos of some details:

The layout is based on sketch #175 from Pencillines:

TFL and see you again next time!
Hugs, Monique

4 comments:

  1. Hele mooie layout! En erg gaaf wat je met de embossing tool hebt gedaan, ondanks dat je het zo'n onding vond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could have endless discussions on tools. I have a cuttlebug and only buy embossing folders for it as I have the cricut for cutting. Do I use them - no!!! LOL. I have got the Fiskars circle templates and just draw round them for the shape. Love seeing your BG Origins layouts as its one collection I didn't get (just a couple of papers) - you are enabling me to get more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome! Love that NS package. Can't wait to see what you are going to do with it. What the H.. is a Fiskars shape boss? I have no idea.... why not putting it on Marktplaats and buy you something else instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wel een erg leuke layout en he als je 'm dan toch op marktplaats zet, maark er maar 2 van dan (er staat er hier ook een te niksen!) LOL,
    groetjes, Stefanie
    PS: wat gaaf dat Tim schermlessen heeft gehad via de brede school!

    ReplyDelete