Tuesday 22 June 2010

Sketch 70, The Scrappiest

I don't know what it is about May and June but in our household it's the busiest time of the year.... we have dozens of birthday parties (our own & friends & family & even Jippie, our dog, has her birthday in May!), Timothy has his soccercamp, all three kids have lots of end of schoolterm festivities and the house is a mess!! It just doesn't matter how hard I work or how early I rise I never get on top of things...:-(

So this year we have no choice but to celebrate Timothy's birthday party after the summer holidays. His birthday was on the 19th of May but as of that date there never has been one free Saturday or Sunday we could have his party. Patrick suggested a Wednesday afternoon.... and I know why, because he'll be in the UK! So no, no Wednesday afternoon! I'm not doing it on my own! Timothy is disappointed of course, but says he understands (he's so sweet) .... and I feel totally inadequate :-(

Last Saturday I did find one spare moment to scrap though and here's what I made with Liz' new sketch:


The photos are from the warm Saturday two weeks ago and these Echo Park papers fit perfectly. The Cosmo Cricket spinner card is from a very old Nook kit I found again!! 
And here's the sketch from Liz: 


If you want to win a kit from Scrapbookdeals4U then give this sketch a try and link it to the blog post at The Scrappiest!! Can't wait to see what you create!!

And now I'm going to walk the dog and then off to bed!!! 
Good night, Monique 

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous22 June, 2010

    Gosh you are busy then. What a little trooper Timothy is then - at least this way he kind of gets 2 birthdays??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zo te horen heb je het druk, druk, druk. Arme Timothy, maar ik kan me goed voorstellen dat je het hoe dan ook niet die woensdagmiddag allemaal alleen kan regelen.

    Je layout is wel mega-gaaf geworden! De spinner is erg leuk en ook de vlaggetjes staan er prachtig bij.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, die verjaarsfeestjes van jongens, die ken ik!! Sterkte alvast, maar je hebt een assistent, dat scheelt.

    Gave , lekker vrolijke LO, Monique en die spinner is zeker heel erg leuk!

    Groetjes, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous23 June, 2010

    Leuke layout Monique. Die vlaggenlijn blijf ik super leuk vinden..... enne je hebt groot gelijk met het feestje; gezellig samen doen!! Groetjes, Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright paper! It is amazingly beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete