Thursday 15 November 2012

Happy Birthday! and a Doodlebug Layout ...

Man, what a crazy week this has been! Mats had 2 days off from school and then the next day he said he was ill and had to stay at home, Manon was also ill and at home, Patrick was in Denmark so no help there, I had to go to work, prepare for 2 bdays and do a lot of scrapping ... but I managed (of course)!

Except for my own birthday (yesterday), my dearest daughter turned 16 today!


Happy birthday dear!! Love you so much!!!

And here's one of the layouts I made:


This page was made for the sketch challenge at "Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge". The sketch was a fairly easy one, as it didn't hold too many details and we were free to do with it what we liked, look: 


If you like sketches like this one too, then why not join us?? Here's a link to the AFSC blog where you can upload your take and admire the projects of the other designers.

And here are some close-ups of my page:




I used Doodlebug's new "North Pole" collection for this page. I just love this collection and don't want to use it too much as I might run out! LOL! The only thing  I'm missing on this page is machine stitching ... my sewing machine doesn't want to do what I want anymore..... the question is, will I buy a new one or am I sending mine in to have it repaired? mmm, don't know yet. 

Btw, I had some fun news last Saturday! I won 3rd prize at "Once Upon A Sketch"!!! I'm really proud of this as there are almost a 100 participants and all their layouts are super gorgeous! I won a mini kit from "C'est Magnifique" kit club!! 

And then on Monday I got even better news .... drumroll .... I got an email from Paige Evans asking me for one of my layouts for the new "Create: Sketches (April 2013) idea book"!! Wohoo!! 


Sofar this has been a busy, but awesome week!! Feeling thankful :) !! 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 
Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Wow Monique.. That was SOME week you had. I am happy for the good news you had. saw that your pretty page was a winner over at OUAS:So cool.
    I love the winter page you share here. So many lovely touches and the peper is sweet too.
    Hugs B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gefeliciteerd met al je happy news en de verjaardagen :-)
    Je layout is echt super! En wat een leuke collectie, kan me voorstellen dat je het zonde vindt om er iets van te gebruiken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a supermum you are. Hope everyone is well again and able to enjoy the birthdays. Hope you both had fantastic days. Love your layout and congrats on your placing at OUAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gefeliciteerd x 4:) Ten eerste met jouw en Manons verjaardag! En ten tweede met de publicatie en je prijs bij OUAS! Je hebt hem dik verdiend:)

    Wat een mooie lay-out is dit ook! Helemaal winters met al dat wit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Monique, dat was een heftige week !! Van harte gefeliciteerd met jezelf en je dochter. 16, weer een nieuwe mijlpaal !!
    En je layout is prachtig ! Erg leuk zijn die sneeuwmannetjes.
    Groetjes Berdien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all your happy news! Love the colour combo on your layout. Gorgeous work Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monique, nog van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag en ook met die van Manon natuurlijk! Pittig weekje inderdaad!
    Je layout vind ik geweldig, leuke uitwerking van de schets en die kleine rode accentjes..ik vind het super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nogmaals van harte! Wat een drukte heb je achter de rug! Duizendpootje Monique :)
    Erg gave Lo, die sneeuw LO! Lekker winterse sfeer gecreƫerd en ik vind behalve het papier, de rode accenten ook dat tagje achter het vellum erg gaaf.

    ReplyDelete