Saturday 1 June 2013

Love Summer - Doodlebug & Elle's Studio Sketch

Hi everyone! Today I've got this sunny page to share! It's a layout about my youngest when he was in France with us last year. 

I've used the sketch from Elle's Studio from last Thursday, Doodlebug's "Flower Box" collection and little bits and pieces from Paper Issues' store (like the little golden stars from Studio Calico and the Distress Ink from Tim Holtz). 


Have you seen this superb tutorial on Shimelle's blog? It's about different ways to use washi tape. I used one the techniques right away: adhere strips of washi tape to a sheet of vellum or to a sheet for the overhead projector (what I did) and use a punch to punch out perfect circles. I used almost all of the Doodlebug washi tapes I have (and that's a LOT!) and used them on my page!


and a few close-ups of my page with lots of tags and snippets from the May kit from Elle's Studio:





and these are the sketch and the May kit from Elle's Studio: 



Have you visited Paper Issues' store lately?? It's filled with the latest and greatest products like the cork circles and golden stars from Studio Calico I used on my layout! And if you use my code "Monique" you'll get 20% off your entire order! 

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Hope you'll have a fab weekend!! 
Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Awesome page Monique and great take on the Elle's Sketch!! I LOVE the idea from Shimelle to use the Washi over the Vellum! Thanks for sharing that!! I am definitely giving this a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuke foto van je jongste, hoor! En wat een gave Lo weer! Heel leuk gecombineerd als die verschillende elementen. Goede tip, van die tapejes en de cirkels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een super leuke layout Monique, wat een leuk idee om de tapejes zo te verwerken, ga ik onthouden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Monique...and stunning use of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik vind die van jou echt super gaaf!!

    ReplyDelete