Friday 31 January 2014

Valentine's Kids Crafts - Imaginisce

When I mentioned what project I was going to do for today, my 9 year old son jumped up and said that he wanted to help! Now, how cool is that? He grabbed his coloring pens and some paper and started drawing this flower for his dad (between the plates of our dinner we were eating!)

Toen ik vorige week aan tafel vertelde dat ik voor Imaginisce een valentijns project moest maken dat een kind ook zou kunnen maken, sprong Mats van tafel op, greep zijn stiften, papier en schaar en maakte deze prachtige bloem! Gewoon tussen de borden waar het avondeten nog op lag. Maar ik vond het zo lief, dat ik het maar zo liet.


Later that week we went to Ikea to buy a photo frame for his drawing and as soon as we arrived home he said he wanted to decorate the frame. I quickly grabbed my scraps from the new “My Baby” collection (as the pink colors a the design on the “B”side of the papers is just perfect!) and a heart punch and gave those to him. He punched a whole lot of hearts, big and small. 

Later die week zijn we toen samen naar Ikea gegaan om een lijstje voor zijn kunstwerk uit te zoeken. Eenmaal thuis ging hij druk aan de slag met het ponsen van diverse maten harten en maakte ik vast de ondergrond voor zijn bloem.


While he did that I created a background for his flower, layering and stitching the papers. Then we put the flower in the frame, added some punched hearts “confetti” and closed the frame. Last but not least my son adhered punched hearts to the outside of the photo frame. I’m really loving the result!

De geponste harten plakte hij op de lijst en de hele kleintjes gebruikten we als een soort confetti om tussen zijn kunstwerk en het glas te doen:



I'm confinced his father will love this!!

Leuk geworden hè? Pat vindt het vast leuk!



Supplies: Imaginisce's "New Baby" collection, AC cardstock and twine from The Twinery.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Enjoy your Friday! 

Bedankt voor je bezoekje en fijne vrijdag nog!

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Your son's got talent! Looks like he had lots of fun helping you. I love the stitching you added to finish the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! What a fabulous project your boy has made....& he's done a STUNNING job of it....looks like a Tim Holtz in the making:):)!!!! I bet his Dad will LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He ROCKED that flower!! This is gorgeous!! And LOVING the stitching!!!!! This is just AMAZING!!!! And PS ... I love his sweatshirt!! We are huge Angry Birds players in this house! LOL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, this definitely runs in the genes :-) I think also many times the kids want to do what us grownups do as they perceive it to be 'important'. Such a cute present for his daddy. I am so happy too that I am allowed to post comments here again... I think it was last week( and maybe before as well) that it was not possible ...Have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely fabulous!!! Love it! He did a great job on his drawing! What an artist! Runs in the family huh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little scrapper to be. He did so well. Be proud mamma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job Mats - it looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet project Monique!! Your son's drawing looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is FANTASTIC! I love it! Turned out so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete