Friday 20 March 2015

Simple Stories I AM - Scraptastic Store

Hi everyone, yesterday I shared this layout on Scraptastic Club's blog and today I thought I'd share it here too. It's a layout created with the amazing “I Am” collection from Simple Stories! As soon as I saw this collection pop up in the Scraptastic Club Store I ordered it! I’ve always loved Simple Stories, but this collection is definitely one of my favorites.

Here’s the layout I created: a photo of me with two friends enjoying a day out! We were with a group of 7 women and we had hired these scooters (one for each of us) for the day. We had such an amazing time!!


I always love to include chipboard elements on my page (like the banner), but what I don’t always like is the adhesive on the back. More often than not I want to use foam adhesive to adhere chipboard (or stickers) and that is hard when there’s already sticky. So what I do is, I just peel of the layer with the adhesive like this:

And add foam adhesive:


And then I can adhere them in the way I want:


And the same goes for stickers. When I’ve got stickers I want to adhere with foam I make them “unsticky” by sticking and unsticking them a couple of times to my jeans. Because of the fibers that will stick to the sticker they won’t be sticky any more after that:


A simple trick to be able to adhere my stickers like this:with a bit of depth instead of flat.


Here are a few more close-ups of my layout. Love the gold in this collection:


and aren’t these golden overlays awesome:


Hope you liked my page. Here’s a list of what I used, just click on the product and it will bring you to the product in the store!

Supply list: Simple Stories – I Am – Collection Kit, 2×2 and 6×8 Elements Paper,  Dreaming Paper, Fundamentals Stickers, Photo Overlays, Sn@p! Cards, Wood Veneer, Enamel Dots.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Have a fab weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Such a feel good happy layout Monique! Great design and fun photo! Fun tips that I use too. Great idea to share in a post as it is funny how we just take for granted the scrappy know-how things that we have been doing for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the bike and the banner!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa - this is so cool!! Love those two tips you shared because I have often run into this problem!! Thank you for sharing!! Also - what a delightful day to have had and now to have this awesomely lovely layout to remember it by is so cool!! You used elements n perfect ways on this layout and I love that bike!! I hope you will enjoy your weekend!!! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supergave lay-out! Door de witte achtergrond is hij mooi rustig, maar toch valt er veel moois op te zien. Echt prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Monique...I love the way you raised your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the little tips! LOVE the page you created with this collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Monique!! Love the way you used all of the Simple Stories goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome ideas for the chipboard and making stickers unsticky. Awesome LO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. biker gang.... hi hi
    this is so lovely....
    you have an eye for mixing embellishments.... cute

    ReplyDelete