Tuesday 15 November 2016

Doodlebug Fun In The Sun Cut Files

Hello friends! The layout below was created with the brand new Fun In The Sun cut files from Doodlebug! The photo is of my hubby and eldest son spending some father/son time on Hawaii last year. The Fun In The Sun collection is just perfect for the photos they took.


I used the globe cut file and the cut files of cactus #2 and cactus #3. I just adore that globe! As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to use a very large one for my page, so that's where I started. I used my Silhouette Cameo and the box of Doodlebug Rainbow Assortment Cardstock to cut out all the pieces of the globe:


and put it together, which was so super easy. Isn't it awesome?!


Assembling the two cacti was very easy as well, although I did use a little trick when it came to cactus #3. As this cactus has six light green vertical strips which have to be adhered evenly spaced to the dark green "body", I decided to leave the strips inside the piece of cardstock, add glue to the back as is and then press it to main (dark green) body:


Next I removed the piece of cardstock the strips were cut from and voilĂ  they are perfectly spaced adhered to the body:


Next came the pot and the flower and the cactus was done:


And here are a few close-ups of my page:



As Hawaii isn't visible on the globe I created a little cluster in the vicinity of it and glued it to the globe, using a bit of foam adhesive for the glasses. For good measure I added the word Hawaii using Doodlebug's Simply Sweet alpha stickers:


With all the fun papers, die-cuts and stickers from the Fun In The Sun collection this layout came together in no time at all! Some machine stitching for the finishing touch and I was done!

Doodlebug's cut files are available in the Silhouette Design Store and in Lori Whitlock's store.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Happy crafting!
xoxo
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Thats awesome - love the globe. Would love to visit Hawaii. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat is je lay-out heerlijk zonnig en alle stanswerk ziet er echt prachtig uit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING! LOVING that globe and the cacti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout design! Love your cheery colours and your embellishment clusters. I pinned it as inspiration for one of our adventures. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete